Want to be a part of a great cause, have some fun, support the community and make some new friends?
We would love to have you on our volunteer team. Our event team consists of volunteers from all walks of life including individuals, students, community or sporting groups and event staff.
There are several jobs you can choose from including pre and post event activities, marshalling and being a colour thrower.
What we look for in a volunteer:
- A friendly and polite manner
- Honesty, maturity and reliability
- Willingness to take direction and work in a team environment
- Respectable personal hygiene and presentation
- Don’t forget to Smile!
What will you receive as a volunteer?
- Snacks on the day
- A Colour Dash T-shirt
- A colour packet to use at the colour explosion or take home as a keepsake.
- Certificate (emailed to you after the event)
- New friends and memories that will last a lifetime.
To register to become a volunteer please email email@example.com with your city of choice and job preference (colour thrower, marshal or pack in or out team).
1. Is there somewhere to store personal belongings?
There will be an area where you can store personal belongings, however we can not 100% guarantee it’s safety, so please leave valuables at home or bring the minimum necessities.
2. Will I be provided with food on the day?
There will be fruit and snacks given to you on the day, however if you feel you need more please bring your own packed lunch and don’t forget a water bottle.
3. What should I wear on the day?
We will provide you with a Colour Dash T-shirt on the day, please wear pants you don’t mind getting dirty and comfortable shoes.
4. Is there any training?
No. All training will be done on the day – there will be a briefing session before your shift starts and you will be provided with an information pack.
5. When will I receive details of my shift?
We will email all information out 2 weeks before the event.
6. How do I register to be a volunteer?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your preference to be a marshal, colour thrower or pack in or out team.
7. Can I volunteer with a group of friends?
Absolutely! Just email email@example.com with a group of names and contact details of you and your friends.
8. How old do I have to be to volunteer?
We do require volunteers to be 14 years of age or older.